Monday, June 22, 2009

An easy read



This bench is by the little pond and I took this picture last June. It was the first year we had any plants in and I was so excited to see them. Last June was cool and rainy unlike this year's hot and dry month. I had been reading the book The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes. It is about the political decisions that helped prolong the Great Depression. Unfortunately that was a very precient choice in reading material.

The big pond was still a month or two away from going "online." I had gotten the little pond up and running in February and was so happy to hear its waterfalls. It was wonderful to be able to curl up with a blanket and read on that bench as the water played next to me.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely spot to read and contemplate. Hopefully things will pick up in our economy so that our moods and thoughts will be elevated.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete