Monday, July 6, 2009

This little corner by the new waterfall was a wonderful surprise to me. I don't remember planning it this way. I probably just tossed some seeds in and hoped for something to take hold. What resulted was this beautiful combination of white alyssum and pink mix candy tuft.
I had just recently removed a large half log that was hiding the pond liner from the middle area of the photo. I replaced it with one of my insane beds. It is ultimately on top of the liner but I used house insulation as a base. It is wicking water up from the pond to create a water table for more of the same candy tuft and alyssum. There is a good layer of excellent soil on top of the insulation. Rocks and logs create a barrier to keep the soil from drifting into the pond.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, whatever you did or didn't do on purpose turned out really lovely. Keep up the great work.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Flowerlady. I will see what I can do about mastering the act of sheer luck. then I will try my hand at the lotto. LOL

    ReplyDelete